Made this tonight for the church bake sale and for all the family arriving next week. I tasted a sliver and it was delicious!
- 2 cups fresh cranberries or 2 cups frozen cranberries, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Heat oven to 350º.
- Grease bottoms only of 2 loaf pans, 8 1/2 × 4 1/2 × 2 1/2 inches or 9 × 5 × 3 inches.
- Mix cranberries, sugar, oil, milk, orange peel, vanilla and eggs in large bowl.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into pans.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Loosen sides of loaves from pans; remove from pans.
- Cool completely on wire rack before slicing.
- Store tightly wrapped in refrigerator up to 1 week.