- 1 lb duck legs or legs and thighs
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 star anise
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons green ginger wine (sub dry sherry if you can't find this)
- Marinate duck in remaining ingredients for about 8 hours (from the morning until dinner time is good). Turn occasionally through the day.
- Heat oven to 325.
- Remove the duck from the marinade and lay on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 2 hours or until very tender.
- You may need to pour off the fat a couple of times during the cooking time.