Tuesday, August 04, 2009
Pesto Stuffed Chicken Wrapped in Prosciutto
1 large bunch fresh basil
2 tbls pine nuts
1 clove garlic
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp Salt
1/4 cup Olive oil
* 4 x boneless, skinless chicken breasts
* 8 slices prosciutto
1. Puree all ingredients in a food processor.
2. Season to taste with salt.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Lay 2 slices of the prosciutto flat onto a work surface, overlapping them slightly along their long edge, to form a large rectangle.
3. Place a chicken breast lengthwise at the short end and slit it open along one side to create a wide pocket. Spoon in some of the pesto and then wrap the prosciutto neatly around it. Repeat for the other 3 breasts.
4. Place on a baking sheet, seam side down and bake until golden and cooked through, about 15 minutes.