This is another recipe from Epicurious. It's a good way to bring a lot of flavor to beef loin. Serve this with twice baked potato casserole or risotto.
6 to 8 servings
* 2 pounds beef loin roast at room temperature
* Freshly ground pepper
* 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
* 1 bay leaf
* 10 garlic cloves, peeled
* Sea salt
1. Rub the beef with freshly ground pepper, and place in a heavy-bottomed pot large enough to hold the meat. Drizzle the extra virgin olive oil over the meat and turn the meat over to coat with the oil. Add the bay leaf and garlic cloves and marinate for 15 minutes.
2. Remove the bay leaf. Brown the meat over medium-high heat, turning to brown evenly. This step will take about 15-30 minutes, depending on the size of the roast. When the garlic begins to color remove it with a slotted spoon.
3. When the roast is well browned on all sides and ends return the browned garlic to the pot, remove the pot from the heat, and cover. Let the meat rest for 15-20 minutes. The internal temperature will be 140 degrees. Season the pan juices with salt after meat has rested.
4. Cut the meat into thin slices, sprinkle with salt, and serve with the garlic and pan juices.