Saturday, August 02, 2008

Bone Fish Restaurant

I've always wanted to write Knoxville restaurant reviews because I think that our most "famous" reviewer has never been to a restaurant that he didn't like. I'm not going to do a comprehensive review--more like my thoughts on which dishes Jim and I like and don't like. Since we just went to Bone Fish Friday night, I'll start with them.

We really like the food at Bone Fish, particularly the appetizers. Friday we started with their feature appetizer of shrimp and scallop ceviche. DON'T BOTHER! It's mediocre at best. If you want ceviche, go to Casa Don Gallo. We then ordered the Bang Bang Shrimp--their signature appetizer. Hot, crunch, spicy, with just a touch of sweetness--this dish is absolutely perfect. It's also very generous; a good dish to share. I then had the Bone Fish salad--nice greens with hearts of palm, pine nuts, tomatoes, and a citrus vinaigrette. Jim ordered the small portion of the Ahi Tuna appetizer. It's not his favorite version, but it's good. Bone Fish's wine list is too expensive, but somebody has put some thought into it. Jim drank the Kenwood Sauvignon Blanc and I had a featured Gewurtztraminer which was too sweet to pair well with most seafood. Not a good choice.

On other evenings we have had the fried calamari which is served with 2 sauces--one Italian tomato sauce, one Thai sweet and spicy. I love it, although Jim isn't a calamari fan. I've also had the mussels which are to die for. The mussels are steamed in a fragrant, buttery broth which is delicious to sop up with french bread. My friend Debbie and I often share this as our main course. We've also had most of the fish preparations and they are all very well done. I can't really comment on desserts because we are invariably too full to eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment